Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Family




So I realize I've probably lost any "readership" this blog has since I haven't updated in 6 months. But, I figured this was worth updating, and maybe I'll be a more consistent blog writer. We welcomed our third child to the world 3 1/2 weeks ago. Ariella is a precious, tiny little bundle of joy. She is aptly named. She has been a good, sweet little baby. I think she is going to have my brown eyes, which makes me very excited, as people will then think I am related to at least one of my children (wink). If she ends up having blue eyes like her sibs, though, I will be happy all the same.

In the last six months we also embarked on a newish adventure: homeschooling. After dinking around a little in the homeschool arena (teaching reading to Tirzah, mostly), we actually established a schedule, ordered materials, and joined a Friday homeschool co-op. January through the beginning of May was busy, fun, and adventurous. Tirzah is progressing really well, reading constantly, and loving learning. Kynan learned all about shapes (he can identify a parallelogram, thanks to a shapes game we got secondhand...it sounds very impressive in his little two-year-old voice), puzzles, and he can even identify a handful of letters. The co-op was a fun experience for us as well, and the kids made some friends.

We hit another milestone as a family in April: potty-training Kynan. It was QUITE a process, but managed to be about 85% within about two weeks. He is doing very well now-his aim is occasionally off-and is very proud of himself. I am kicking myself for not blogging that experience...I might've won some kind of award for it. But for those family members who got my potty training chronicles emails, you know what I mean.

So, I am trying to convince myself right now that I will be a better blogger. We'll see if I stick to it, eh? It's kind of fun....not so brief like facebook. It's like a nice long letter to whoever. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment